Whenever they look back on our time they will say: “Wow they ate a lot of bowls during 2020’s”. But let’s be honest, nothing beats a bowl and especially not a Vegan Salad Bowl. This bowl has a lot of middle eastern favours since it includes both tahini and hummus. Besides chopping veggies and frying a few of these vegetables, this recipe is easy and perfect for an easy and fresh lunch.
Vegan Bowl Recipes
Serves 4 portions
~For the salad~
1 Cauliflower head
4 pre-boiled red-beets
3-4 carrots (depending on size)
2 Teaspoons Tahini
6 Table Spoons red-beets hummus
4 flat breads (one for each bowl)
20g sunflower seeds
20g Sesame Seeds
Fresh Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Heat the own up to about 200 Degrees C.
- Slice the cauliflower up into smaller pieces and the carrots down the middle. Place on a tray and sprinkle a bit of olive or avocado oil over and a pinch of salt and cumin over. Then take out the vegetables once they are soft and cooked all the way through (it usually takes about 20-30 min).
- Chop up the remaining vegetables and put them in 4 seperate bowls.
- Add the cooked veggies to the bowl and mix it all around
- Sprinkle some Tahini over the bowls and add some sesame seeds over it. Place a generous spoon of hummus at the edge of the bowl and fold/cut the flatbread and stick it in there – and voliá! Ready to eat!
- Place the grilled veggies on a plate, put som of the salad on top of it and add a scoop of vegan creme fraiché on top (or hummus!). Sprinkle your seeds on top – and voliá! Ready to eat!
- This goes great with sparkling water and kombucha, if you feel a bit cheeky a white dry wine (or dry rosé) goes great with it too (or a light beer!)
Vegan Salad Bowl – Serving
When making bowls, I either aim at seperate all of the ingredients in to smaller sections or mix it all around. I found that with this bowl mixing simply looks better. Since both tahini and sesame seeds pops out and especially next to the colourful red-beet hummus, this is enough to create an appetising meal.