Few things are as tasty as burgers, and this vegan burger served on sourdough is a 10/10 winner. This vegan burger recipe is easy and it is eerily similar to a ‘meaty’ burger, although MUCH healthier. Of course you can always add your fries, but I usually add a salad and or some own baked veggies, such as sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnip.
Vegan Burger Recipe Winner
Serves 2 portions
~For the Grill~
2 Vegan Patties of your choice (I use fake meat)
1 Table Spoon olive oil – or Vegan Butter
2 Sourdough buns (or any bread of your choice)
50g lettuce or lettuce mix – This is according to your preference, I suggest rockets and spinach, but kale and other variants are equally good.
4 Slices of Pickled Cucumber
1 Red Onion
1/2 Table Spoon Spicy Salsa (optional)
1 Table Spoon Mustard
2 Table Spoon Vegan Mayo
Ps. if you have some roasted onion this is a winner to add on!
Vegan Burger Recipe – This is how
- Turn that BBQ up!
- Fry the patty on the grill or in the pan and add your cheese once you are done. Let the cheese melt. In the meantime, cut the bread in half and add your olive oil on the inside and add it to the grill or frying pan.
- Chop the veggies to your desired shape. (Slices is always the best!)
- Mix the mustard together with the vegan mayo and spread it on the buns topside and the same goes for the salsa, spread it on the bottom of the bun.
- Build your burger and – voliá, ready to eat!
- Burgers goes best with beers of all and any kind, this is especially true if you add some fries or roasted veggies as a side.
Vegan Burger – Serve it and eat!
Presentation is always one of the trickiest parts of cooking.. And presentation is key! This burger does well on a woody piece and with some greens on the side and if you are really hungry some fries or roasted vegetables. A vegan siracha mayo on the side to that and you have a fantastic meal ahead of you.