Whenever on a hot BBQ-day sometimes I crave veggies rather than a ‘meaty’-meat free burger. This grilled vegetable salad is my go to on those days. Free from unhealthy fats and stuffy fake meats this grilled vegetable salad hits the sweet spot.
Grilled Vegetable Salad Recept
Serves 4 portions
~For the Grill~
4 Table Spoons olive or avocado oil
2 crushed garlics
1 Red Onion
2 Table Spoons Honey (can be replaced with maple syrup if honey is not part of your vegan diet)
2-3 Table Spoons Soy Sauce (I use Japanese)
Salt, Pepper and chilli flakes – according to preference
300g lettuce or lettuce mix – This is according to your preference, I suggest rockets and spinach, but kale and other variants are equally good.
250g Cherry Tomatoes (Mixed colours makes it prettier)
20g sunflower seeds
20g Chia Seeds
Dressing (such as Olive oil mixed with sea salt, peppar and chiliflakes + a dash of garlic and balsamico)
Fresh Grilled Vegetable Salad
- Turn that BBQ up!
- Slice the red union in quarters or half’s, slice the eggplant into slices and the carrots down the middle.
- Mix the oil with garlic, soy sauce, honey and herbs. Put the vegetables in a bowl or plastic bag then pour the mix over. Let sit for at least 30 min (if you let it sit for awhile the marinate soaks in much more).
- Take the veggies out and put them on the grill, cook until soft.
- Mix the salad together and add the dressing
- Place the grilled veggies on a plate, put som of the salad on top of it and add a scoop of vegan creme fraiché on top (or hummus!). Sprinkle your seeds on top – and voliá! Ready to eat!
- A good piece of bread goes fantastic with this salad and so does a light wine, such as a fruity rose or a sweet white wine.
Vegan grilled vegetable salad – Serve it and eat!
Presentation is always one of the trickiest parts of cooking.. And presentation is key! for this grilled vegetable salad I like presenting it layered on top of each other with a scoop of vegan creme fraiche on top, garnished with a few chives. As any vegan and vegetarian know, nuts and seeds are crucial to our diets, but they are also great for garnishments. For this vegan grilled salad I have sprinkled a bit of chia seeds and sunflower seeds.